30.06.2022 permanent Full time
Lesters has been at the heart of Quebecers’ special occasions for over 90 years. Are you a fan of smoked meat? Well, Lesters’ wonderful team makes the best smoked meat there is. Since we are a small business, we take good care of our people. At Lesters, you will be working with the nicest colleagues in a clean and professional environment that will, no doubt, whet your appetite because it always smells so good here! If you have an appetite for a well garnished job with all kinds of benefits, you will be well served at Lesters. And if you have a taste for advancement, we will make sure to acknowledge your full potential and offer every opportunity to propel your career froward. Lesters is truly a great place to work!
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor the Shipping Foreman is responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of our product shipping department.
Monday to Friday 3h00 pm to 23h30 pm
It’s Great Working at Lesters!
- This is a permanent position, with a 40-hour work week. If you are looking for stability, this one’s for you;
- Shifts are from Monday to Friday: because we feel you deserve to rest on the weekend;
- We offer group insurance (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- We also provide a pension plan so that you will be well provided for when you leave us for your retirement;
- You will be given employee discount on all our products;
- We also provide floating personal days so that you can take time off when you need it;
- Here, parking is not a problem like at many downtown locations; there’s enough space for everyone;
- But If public transport is more your thing, know that it will take you to our door.
We would love to have you on board if you recognize yourself in these elements:
- You have a DEC in a coherent discipline and relevant experience in the field;
- Sense of leadership;
- Good communicator;
- Autonomous and responsible;
- Problem solving skills & speed;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Mastery of MS Office ;
- As well as a minimum of 5 years experience in the field of receiving/shipping.
Here’s a look at your future responsibilities:
- Understand, respect and advocate the rules of health and safety in the workplace, intervene in a respectful manner with a colleague, superior, visitor or any other individual in the event of non-compliance with the established rules.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all other employees, the various departments and any other contract worker, visitor, stakeholder or customer of Lesters Foods;
- Directs and supervises the forklift operators in place;
- Do everything possible to accomplish the performance indicator follow-ups provided by the Shipping Supervisor;
- Supervise the management of transportation according to established control points;
- Unload trucks in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply of daily production;
- Preparation of orders ready for shipment;
- Loading of said orders according to the norms and standards established by the company;
- Administer inventory and logistics of finished goods inventory (stock rotation, space optimization according to inventory levels in harmony with planning), is also responsible for the integrity of finished goods inventory;
- Monitor energy indicators for refrigerated and frozen environments (humidity, temperature, etc.)
- Provide ideas for continuous improvement based on his/her observations;
- Ensure at all times that the loading and unloading of carriers are done properly in accordance with the company’s quality rules as well as the company’s health and safety rules;
- Ensure the proper use of external and internal resources including material and human resources;
- Implement all necessary maneuvers and procedures to ensure that the work area is clean and safe for both employees and products;
- Ensure that products are correctly identified according to the company’s limits and standards;
- Be the first person responsible for the conformity of the documents for the reception and shipment of the merchandise;
- Plan the daily distribution of tasks to meet the requirements of the order books;
- Communicate to employees the relevant information of their work;
- Communicate relevant information to employees; Ensure that daily deadlines are met by working closely with planning, production and the Shipping Coordinator;
- To be the prime mover in the proper operation of the Intéral computer system for the preparation of documents related to shipping and receiving.
NB: The use of the masculine gender is intended to lighten the text and make it easier to read.