Senior Quality Control Technician
25.11.2022 permanent Full time
You want a job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’re at the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and we recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Summary of the position: The Senior Quality Control Technician is responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with food safety standards on production lines and in all departments. A position that offers the perfect balance between factory and office work!
Monday to Friday 9h30AM to 6H00PM
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- 40hr work weeks, year-round, on a permanent basis; so if you’re looking for stability, you’ll find it here;
- access to a collective insurance plan (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- a pension plan because we want to ensure that when you leave us to take your retirement, you’ll be well provided for;
- since you’re a fan of our products, employee rebates;
- floating holidays for when you need time for yourself;
- unlike downtown locations, no parking problems. Here, there’s room for everyone;
- and, we are easily accessible by public transport, if that’s your preference.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You have a DEC in Food Process Technology or Dietetics;
- You are very comfortable using MS Office because, let’s face it, is it really still possible to work without a computer in this day and age?
- You love teamwork, and you’re also autonomous;
- You’re dynamic and a natural leader;
- You have initiative and a keen sense of observation to boot;
- You have very good communication skills. People tell you all the time!
- You have excellent project management and planning skills;
- And if, in addition, you have between 2 and 5 years of experience in the area of food processing, then there’s no doubt: you’re the one we need!
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
- Ensure compliance with and application of good manufacturing practices, procedures and quality standards in place, in collaboration with the various departments ;
- Investigate with production the causes and solutions related to product quality or safety incidents;
- Conduct tastings of products containing beef and/or pork and/or chicken.
- Work on improvement projects and/or mandates with production and sanitation;
- And of course… all other related tasks.
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!