18.05.2023 permanent Full time
You want a job that makes a difference for the community? A job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’re at the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and we recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Role Summary: The Day Shift Receiving/Shipping Foreman works closely with a team of forklift operators to ensure the smooth operation of our receiving/shipping, warehousing, palletizing and production supply operations.
Monday to Friday day shift
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- 40hr work weeks, year-round, on a permanent basis; so if you’re looking for stability, you’ll find it here;
- Monday to Friday shifts: we want you to get your rest on the weekend;
- access to a collective insurance plan (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- a pension plan because we want to ensure that when you leave us to take your retirement, you’ll be well provided for;
- since you’re a fan of our products, employee rebates;
- floating holidays for when you need time for yourself;
- unlike downtown locations, no parking problems. Here, there’s room for everyone;
- and, we are easily accessible by public transport, if that’s your preference.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You like working with humans and are not afraid of robots.
- You have a background in a discipline consistent with the position.
- You’re a good communicator. Everyone says so!
- You have good leadership skills and know how to rally the troops.
- You can work under pressure, when necessary, but you aren’t the type who gets stressed for nothing.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are proficient in MS Office. Can we still work without a computer?
- And if you also have experience in receiving/shipping, then you’re clearly a gem!
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
Manage the team of forklift operators in our receiving/shipping departments to meet the expectations of our internal and external customers;
- Manage the robotic palletization of our production;
- Ensure that products meet the requirements of our refrigerated, fresh and frozen environments;
- You will ensure that everything is done safely;
- Prepare shipping and receiving documents for orders;
- Manage inventory and product stock logistics.
NB: The use of the masculine gender is intended to lighten the text and make it easier to read.
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!