Quality Control Technician
25.11.2022 permanent Full time
You want a job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’re at the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and we recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Summary of the position: The Quality Control Technician ensures that food industry norms are followed and respected on the production lines and in each department. The person who holds this position also lends support to the Research and Development Team in the launching of new products and participates in microbiology sampling and product analysis. This position features the perfect balance between factory work and office work!
Monday to Friday , evening shift
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- 40hr work weeks, year-round, on a permanent basis; so if you’re looking for stability, you’ll find it here;
- Monday to Friday shifts: we want you to get your rest on the weekend;
- access to a collective insurance plan (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- a pension plan because we want to ensure that when you leave us to take your retirement, you’ll be well provided for;
- since you’re a fan of our products, employee rebates;
- floating holidays for when you need time for yourself;
- unlike downtown locations, no parking problems. Here, there’s room for everyone;
- and, we are easily accessible by public transport, if that’s your preference.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You have a DEC in Food Sciences or in Dietetics.
- You are very comfortable using MS Office because, let’s face it, is it really still possible to work without a computer in this day and age?
- You love teamwork, and you’re also autonomous.
- You have initiative and a keen sense of observation to boot.
- You have very good communication skills. People tell you all the time!
- You are not overly sensitive to cold so you aren’t averse to working in a refrigerated environment.
- You are knowledgeable in food microbiology sampling.
- And if, in addition, you have experience in the area of food processing, then there’s no doubt: you’re the one we need!
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
- In collaboration with the various departments, ensuring that established best practices in manufacturing, procedure, and norms are respected and applied;
- carrying out microbiology sampling on the production lines;
- identifying potential food safety and quality problems, and implementing the required remedial action;
- and actively participating in the implementation of improvements to the operational methods in order to improve food safety.
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!