10.03.2023 permanent Full time
You want a job that makes a difference for the community? A job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’re at the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and we recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Summary of the position: The Production Foreman works in close collaboration with the Production Supervisor to ensure that the Production Department runs smoothly.
Monday to Friday 1h30 pm to 10h00 pm
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- 40hr work weeks, year-round, on a permanent basis; so if you’re looking for stability, you’ll find it here;
- Monday to Friday shifts: we want you to get your rest on the weekend;
- access to a collective insurance plan (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- a pension plan because we want to ensure that when you leave us to take your retirement, you’ll be well provided for;
- since you’re a fan of our products, employee rebates;
- floating holidays for when you need time for yourself;
- unlike downtown locations, no parking problems. Here, there’s room for everyone;
- and, we are easily accessible by public transport, if that’s your preference.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You have a DEC in an area related to this position.
- You have between three (3) and five (5) years of experience in a similar position.
- You have excellent communication skills, everyone says so!
- You’re a natural-born leader who knows how to rally the troops.
- You’re able to work under pressure when necessary, and you’re not the type who gets stressed out unnecessarily.
- You have expert knowledge working with MS Office because, let’s face it, is it really still possible to work without computers in this day and age?
- And if, in addition to all that, you have experience in the area of food and meat processing, then you are that rare gem we’re looking for!
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
- coaching the members of your team;
- ensuring that HACCP/SQF norms and SST regulations are respected and applied;
- communicating with clarity the expectations of the company to the members of your team;
- keeping departmental costs under control ( raw materials, labor, and indirect costs );
- coordinating the tasks to be carried out for optimal productivity of the department;
- and of course… all other related tasks!
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!