IT Support Technician ( Level 2-3 )
21.11.2023 permanent Full time
You want a job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and are always ready to recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Job summary: As a level 2-3 IT technician, you will be part of the team responsible for providing technical support to the organization’s 115 internal users. You’ll be responsible for resolving routine level 1-3 IT problems, managing service requests, and keeping computer systems and peripherals in good working order. You will also work in constant collaboration with the system administrator.
Monday to Friday
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- A steady 37.5 hours per week all year. If stability is something you crave, look no further.
- A flexible schedule and the possibility of working in hybrid mode (4 days in the office / week);
- Modern development tools and technologies to make sure you have fun at work;
- Competitive wages with yearly progession because it’s so much more stimulating;
- Access to health and dental benefits to help you stay healthy.
- A pension plan to make sure you’re well taken care of when you do decide to take the plunge and retire!
- Since you’re surely a fan of our products (who isn’t), employee discounts.
- We also provide you with floater days off if you need time for yourself.
- If that wasn’t enough, no parking headaches here! We’re not downdown so there’s room for everyone;
- And if you prefer public transportation, you’re in luck, they’re nearby.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You have a college diploma (DEC) in computer science;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in IT, including 4 years as a level 2-3 computer technician;
- You have in-depth knowledge of Windows operating systems;
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Networking skills (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, etc.);
- Solid knowledge of server administration (Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux);
- Experience with virtualization (VMware);
- Knowledge of Zoho ManageEngine (an asset);
- You also have experience managing the Fortinet Suite;
- You’re comfortable managing Office 365, Exchange 365 and AWS products;
- Iphone and Ipad support;
- You have knowledge of Mitel telephone systems (an asset);
- Knowledge of Zebra MC9200-9300 scanner configuration (asset);
- You have experience with Cohesity backup software (an asset);
- You are a versatile person with a desire to share your knowledge;
- You’re able to work independently and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- And finally, you have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
- Provide level 1-3 technical support to internal users;
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems;
- Configure, install and maintain computer systems and peripherals;
- Manage computer and workstation inventory;
- Manage user accounts, access permissions and rights;
- Manage and track incidents and requests in the ticketing system;
- Collaborate with internal teams to solve complex problems;
- Significant contribution to cybersecurity (log verification and other improvement actions).
- And of course…. all the famous related tasks!
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!