Engineering Project Manager
05.08.2022 permanent Full time
You want a job that makes a difference for the community? A job with a week-day schedule, great benefits, and that will allow you to flourish? Well, you’re at the right place. Join the team and become part of the Lesters family. We are a proud Quebecois company that has been in business for more than 90 years. We are people oriented and we recognize your full potential. That’s right, that sort of thing still exists in our day and age!
Summary of the Position: The Engineering Project Manager works in close collaboration with the Maintenance and Engineering Department in coordinating and executing various projects.
Monday to Friday
Here’s what working at Lesters also has to offer:
- 40hr work weeks, year-round, on a permanent basis; so if you’re looking for stability, you’ll find it here;
- Monday to Friday shifts: we want you to get your rest on the weekend;
- access to a collective insurance plan (medical and dental) because we want to keep you healthy;
- a pension plan because we want to ensure that when you leave us to take your retirement, you’ll be well provided for;
- since you’re a fan of our products, employee rebates;
- floating holidays for when you need time for yourself;
- unlike downtown locations, no parking problems. Here, there’s room for everyone;
- and, we are easily accessible by public transport, if that’s your preference.
If you feel that the following characteristics describe you well, we definitely must talk!
- You’re comfortable working with the MS Office Suite… because, let’s face it, can we really work without computers in this day and age?
- You’ve mastered MS Project, plus one or more technical drawing software products (Autocad, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, or others).
- You have training in mechanical, industrial or any other branch of pertinent engineering.
- If you have, in addition, 5 years or more experience in the area of manufacturing, chances are you’re the one we need on our team!
These are the tasks that would make up your day in this position:
- carrying out studies, research, and analyses for the implementation of various engineering projects focused on manufacturing;
- preparing plans and specs, as well as looking for tenders to get the project done;
- taking part in establishing budgets and performance benchmarks;
- coordinating the various tradespersons and managing the materials required for given projects;
- and, issuing Workplace Health and Safety (WHS/SST) protocols for installation work and supervising the smooth progression of the project.
Looking forward to welcoming you into the fold of our great team!