1- The Contest is held by Les Aliments Lesters Ltée (herein the “Event Organizer”) between Monday May 8, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. (ET) and Sunday, August 6th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (herein the “Contest Period”) on the lesters.ca website (herein the “Site”). However, transactions that can be entered into the Contest must be completed at one of on the Lesters website by July 6th at 11:59 at the latest.
2- The Contest is open to all residents of Quebec having reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except for (i) employees of the Event or of their subsidiaries and of any associated group, affiliated company, franchisee, advertising agency, successor or agent of the aforementioned groups; and (ii) any household member of the foregoing groups of people. Also please refer herein to the allocation of Prizes amongst eligible participants.
f you do not have internet access at home or on your phone, you can use a computer at your local library or cybercafe.
3.1 No purchase necessary. Simply scan the QR code on the contest posters or go to lesters.ca to complete the entry form and be eligible to win the grand prize (a draw will be made among all the participants who voted for the winning snack bar).
3.2 During the Contest Period, vote for your favorite snack bar/case-croute via a mobile phone or computer for a chance to win one the grand prize valued at $5,000.00. To be eligible for the contest, you must complete all mandatory fields on the electronic entry form.
Limit of one entry per 7 days.
4. Chances of winning the Grand Prize of the Contest are dependent upon the total number of Eligible Entries on the website lesters.ca for the winning snack bar/case-croute.
4.1. Each participant who so chooses to, will be given the opportunity to obtain one (1) additional vote per seven (7) day period if they submit a photo of themselves or of their friends or family enjoying a hot-dog or a meal in their favourite establishement, They can submit this photo on the same Web form, under the conditions set out in article 18b of these regulations.
5. The draw for the grand prize of $5,000.00 will take place on August 9th, 2023, at 11 a.m., at Aliments Lesters Ltée Web agency: Kryzalid, 338 rue St-Antoine est, bureau 301, Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1A3. One (1) entry will be chosen electronically at random among all eligible entries received from Quebec (or Canada) for the snack bar/case-croute that received the most votes during the contest period on the contest website.
6. The Grand prize is as such:
One vacation package in the form of: $ 4,000.00 in SEPAQ gift certificates as well as $1000.00 in cash (prepaid credit cards) to cover other travel expenses.
– The Grand Prize cannot be exchanged for cash, but can be transferred according to the conditions described in Article 14 of these regulations.
– All other expenses related to the acceptance of the prize will be at the expense of the winner.
The total value of the Prize awarded in this contest is $5 000.00.
7. To be declared a winner and to redeem any of the Prizes, the contestant whose eligible entry form has been picked electronically at random must meet the following requirements:
– be reachable by email or by phone by the Event Organizer at the email address or phone number indicated on the valid entry form, within five (5) business days following the draw or the day when the first communication was sent by the Event Organizer;
– be a resident of Quebec and be 18 years of age or older;
– sign the declaration and liability waiver, which will be sent by mail, fax or email, and return it to the Event Organizer within fifteen (15) days following the date on which it was sent.
– If the contestant whose entry form was picked at random does not meet any of the above requirements or any condition herein, he will be disqualified and a new winner will be picked at random. This applies to each and every Prize described herein.
8. Upon receipt of his duly signed declaration and liability waiver, the winner will be notified by email regarding how to redeem his Prize.
9. The Event Organizer’s sponsors, affiliates and franchisees cannot be held liable for how the Prizes awarded during this Contest will be used and decline all accountability regarding any Prize or event that could result from this contest. The winner must sign a declaration and liability waiver in this regard.
10. The entry forms submitted by participants are subject to verification by the Event Organizer, where applicable, mainly to verify the validity of the Eligible Transaction. Any entry form obtained from an unauthorized source will not constitute an Eligible Entry. Any individual who enters or tries to enter this contest by any means deemed contrary to the spirit of this contest and in a way that is unfair to other contestants (i.e. computer hacking, multiple entries, fraudulent access to entry forms, etc.) will be automatically disqualified and could be prosecuted by the competent authorities. The Event Organizer’s decision in that regard is final and without appeal.
11. The Event Organizer declines all responsibility for any entry forms received after the Contest Period, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified, modified or destroyed, and any such forms shall be deemed invalid. The Event Organizer shall not assume any responsibility for any problem, outage or technical malfunction related to networks or phone lines, online computer systems, telephone devices, software, servers, access providers, email, browsers, platforms or websites, or any technical malfunction that may occur, including, without limitation, any transmission or non-transmission issues related to any entry forms, regardless of cause. The Event Organizer shall in no way be held responsible for any faulty or inaccurate information, be it caused by Site users or hardware and/or any programs associated to or used by the Contest, or due to a technical or human error that may have occurred in the course of the Contest, including during entry forms processing. The Event Organizer shall in no way be held liable for any error, omission, outage, loss, defect related to communication lines operation, transmission or outages, nor for any theft, destruction or prohibited access to any entry form or modification thereof. The Event Organizer is in no way liable for any injury or damages that may occur due to the Contest. All entry forms become the Event Organizer’s property and shall not be returned to participants. The Event Organizer reserves the right to destroy all Contest-related material once the legally required retention period has expired.
12. The Event Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the electronic part of the Contest were a virus, a bug or any other event beyond the Event Organizer’s control to threaten the security or smooth conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate conduct of this contest constitutes a criminal and civil offence, in which case the Event Organizer reserves the right to seek a remedy and damages to the full extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. All entries are subject to verification and will be declared null and void if they are found to be mechanically copied, damaged, counterfeit, forged, altered or transformed in any way or fashion.
13. The winner acknowledges that the services provided in connection with the Prize are the sole responsibility of the providers. The winner must sign a waiver to that effect, which is included in the declaration and liability waiver.
14. The Event Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize for another Prize of the same type or value, were that Prize or Prize component not available for any reason. Subject to the above, the Prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash redemption value.
15. The Event Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, end or suspend this contest in the event of a computer virus, computer bug, unauthorized human intervention or any other cause beyond the control of the Event Organizer that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, neutrality or normal conduct of the Contest, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
16. The Event Organizer and its representatives decline all responsibility for the situations where the Prize is awarded, such as: businesses shutting down, change of owner(s) or manager(s), labour disputes or any other situation that could directly or indirectly affect the Prize.
17. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Event Organizer’s decisions about any aspect of the Contest are final.
18.The Event Organizer remains, at all time, the exclusive owner of all electronic entry forms for this contest, and they may not be returned to the contestants in any case. Only the contestants whose entry forms have been picked at random will be contacted.
18b. Any participant who submits a photo to the contest to obtain an additional vote per 7-day period, agrees to assign the full rights of use and distribution to the contest organizer, in perpetuity. It is at the discretion of the Contest Organizer whether or not to use the submitted photos, including but not limited to: advertising material, on the web, and in various social networks.
19. At any time, Les Aliments Lesters Ltée remains the exclusive owner of all electronic contest entry forms and photos and they will not be returned to participants under any circumstances. No correspondence will be maintained with participants in the context of the contest, except with those whose entry form has been drawn at random, unless the participant has voluntarily consented by checking the box provided for this purpose on the form.
20. For the purpose of this contest, the contestant is the person whose name, phone number and email address are written on the entry form. The Prize will be awarded to this person, if declared a winner.
21. Any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of this contest can be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for resolution. Any dispute regarding the awarding of Prizes can be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for an attempt at a fair resolution.